By Manuel Cereijo
· Since 1986, Castro has developed a very large and sophisticated biotechnology industry.
· It has 9 very large BioCenters, and 160 small ones
· MainCenters: The CIGB (Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering Center), established in 1986, at a cost of $150 million dollars
· BIOCEN, National Preparations Center, modeled after the Soviet Biopreparat, established in 1992, at a cost of $15 million dollars
· CIM, Center for Molecular Immunology, established in 1994, at a cost of $20 million dollars
· It is estimated that between 1986 and 2001, Castro has invested $3,500 million dollars in the biotechnology industry
· The total export from the industry, in 10 years, has been $150 million dollars
· There was an intensive and extensive interrelation between the former Soviet Union and Cuba on biotechnology, as testified, amomg others, by Ken Alibek.
· Cuba has a bilateral agreement with Iran on biotechnology. Since 1998 to May 2001, Cuba built and equipped Iran's major Biotechnology Center, inaugurated by Castro on May 2001
· There is a bilateral agreement between Cuba and Iraq on biotechnology, since 1998. At this moment, Dr. Rodrigo Alvarez Cambra, a well known Cuban orthopedic surgeon, and who performed surgery on Saddam Hussein, and one of his sons, is now in Iraq, finalizing an agreement.
· There is a bilateral agreement between Cuba and Lybia on biotechnology.
· The World Healh Organization has classified countries, depending on their biological industry development in 5 categories. Cuba has been classified in # 4. Only the G7 countries are on #5.
· Scientific and intelligence organizations have expressed that any country with the capacity and technology to produce vaccines, interferon, synthesize proteins, (all of which Cuba does) is capable of producing bioweapons.
· There are over 20 scientists, and engineers, who worked in these Centers, who are now in exile, working on research labs in the USA, Switzerland, Germany, and Puerto Rico. They all have expressed the sophisticated capacity of Cuba in biotechnology.
· DON'T FORGET: THIS IS THE SAME CASTRO THAT IN 1962, DURING THE MISSILE CRISIS, TRIED TO FORCED KRUSCHEV INTO LAUNCHING A SURPRISE NUCLEAR ATTACK AGAINST THE UNITED STATES.
Este y otros excelentes artículos del mismo autor aparecen en la REVISTA GUARACABUYA de dirección electrónica de: